Application Profiling is a set of tools that enable a developer to identify parts of an application that may be able to be improved when looking for performance issues.
- FSTAT – Counts file system operations (open, read, write, select, indexing, etc)
- HSM Hot Spot Monitor – Shows each program used during monitoring, counting number of time it was called, the processor time spent in that program and counts of file system activity (open, read, write, delete).
- Command Logging – Shows every command executed and where it came from.
- Lock Tracing – Gathers system wide data for every file lock or record lock action.
- Event Profiling – Gathers information for actions that may be critical to application performance (subroutine calls, file activity, command execution).